Attendants, Companions, Securement & Mobility Devices
Personal Care Attendants (PCA)
A Personal Care Attendant (PCA) assists the rider with daily life functions and may provide assistance during the ride or at the destination.
Personal Care Attendants:
- is not required to pay a fare
- must be picked up and dropped off at the same location as the rider
- must be registered with River Valley Metro
Companions and Accompanying Children
Passengers may bring along one fare-paying companion in addition to a PCA.
- must be picked up and dropped off at the same location as rider
- more than one companion is scheduled on space availability
- companion ridership must be set up at time of reservation
Children of Rider:
- may accompany rider on trip
- children age 6-18 must pay regular fare
- a maximum of 3 children under the age of 6 may ride free
- All wheelchairs & scooters will be secured by the ADA operator using four-point
belt securement system & over-center floor-mounted seat belt.
- Passengers are required to have their mobility device secured.
- Passengers using wheelchairs & scooters are encouraged to use a personal lap
- All ambulatory passengers must be seated when bus is in motion and are
required to wear a seat belt.
- Passengers using scooters are encouraged to transfer to a seat when possible.
- Infants and children with disabilities, not in a wheelchair, must be secured in
one of the following ways (at the discretion of the accompanying adult):
- Buckled into a care seat provided by the adult
- Buckled into the seat next to the accompanying adult, if not required to
be in a car seat