How to Use River Valley Metro
Click here to view a demonstration of how to use the River Valley Metro bike racks.
River Valley Metro’s entire bus fleet is equipped with bike racks. It is easy to load and unload your bike. Just…lower…lift…latch!
Loading Your Bike:
- Lower – Squeeze the handle & pull down to release the folded bike rack.
- Lift – Lift your bike onto the bike rack, fitting wheels into the slots. Front wheel slots are labeled. Load your bike in the rack nearest the bus first, if vacant.
- Latch – Pull and release the support arm over the top of the front tire. Make sure the support arm is resting on the tire, not the fender or the frame.
- Board the bus
Unloading Your Bike:
- Before exiting the bus, notify the operator you will be removing your bicycle.
- Pull the support arm off of the tire. Move the support arm down and out of the way. Lift your bike off of the rack.
- Return the rack to the upright position, if it is empty.
- Move quickly to the curb.